Advanced PSA Streets
Notice of Job Opening
Date: July 12, 2021
Department: Street Dept
Exp. Date: Until Filled
Pay Range: Depending on Qualifications
Performs skilled to semi-skilled work involving the responsibility of planning and supervising a small crew of 1 to 5 employees.
Participates, supervises and trains employees engaged in the traffic control and street cleaning.
Instructions for the work of the employee maybe somewhat general; many aspects are covered specifically, but limited judgment
may be required on new or one-time assignments. Work is closely checked by Superintendent of Streets or Director of Public Services
for results and adhere to department policies.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
The following examples of duties and associated tasks are typically performed by a person in this position. No attempt is made to be exhaustive in this listing.
- Plans, schedules and assists workers in assigned tasks and work areas.
- Supervises a small crew of employees in painting street lines, making and installing street signs and street cleaning tasks.
- Assists other divisions when assigned.
- Keeps daily records on the Public Works work order system.
- Assists in the training of other employees in the safe operation of assigned equipment.
- Places pylons and construction barriers for protection of employees from traffic.
- Prepares and records activities of employees .
- Records hours of work and materials used at work site.
- Takes emergency stand-by at least one week per month.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of materials, methods and techniques used in public laboring activities.
- Knowledge of the hazards and the safety precautions of the work.
- Knowledge of the geography of the City and location of utility lines.
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment used in street division activities.
- Ability to write legibly and keep accurate records.
- Ability to communicate instructions.
- Ability to layout, direct and supervise the work of a crew performing public maintenance and service functions, and to obtain efficient results.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 25 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work around machinery with moving parts, vibrating equipment, and sharp tools.
- Ability to work in noisy places, places to exposure to dust, dirt and grease and in inclement weather.
- Knowledge of the computerized system and thermo activated vacuum system used in sign making.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some experience in supervision of laborers or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma, or a GED equivalent.
- Valid Georgia Class A CM driver’s license with tanker endorsement.
- Be in good physical condition.
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org