Community Service Field Supervisor (PT)
Notice of Job Opening
Date: June 11, 2019
Department: Community Development
Exp. Date: Until Filled
An employee in this position performs supervisory work and participates in enforcing rules and regulations. This employee supervises defendants that are assigned to community service from State, Superior and Troup County Correctional Institute.
Works under the general supervision of Support Division Commander and the Community Service Coordinator. Some judgement is required with control of defendants.
Examples of Work
The following examples of duties and associated tasks are typically performed by a person in this position. No attempt is made to be exhaustive in this listing.
- Supervises defendants at all times.
- Plans work assignment.
- Complete production assigned tasks.
- Makes sure defendants dress properly with safety gear, etc.
- Removes and returns tools and property to designated area.
- Maintains all vehicles and equipment.
- Enforces laws and ordinance of the City, pertaining to Community Service.
- Read rules to defendants each shift.
- Wash and clean vehicles each weekend.
- Gas all vehicles each weekend on Sunday.
- Report violator’s infractions and injuries to person in charge by written report.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of geography of the City and County.
- Skill in use of tools and equipment used in general cleaning.
- Ability to supervise defendants on community service.
- Ability to handle irate situations.
- Ability to deal with the public courteously, tactfully, and effectively.
Special Job Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Dependable transportation.
- No personal or job related problems that would prevent working every weekend.
- Ability to work regularly with defendants of the Court assigned Community Service duties.
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org