Customer Service Representative
Notice of Job Opening
Date: May 31, 2019
Pay Range: Depending On Qualifications
Employees in this position are responsible for collecting, processing and handling utility payments and applications for service. Employees also answer telephone calls, assist customers with billing questions, and make adjustments to bills. Some judgment is required in the accurate execution of duties. Work is performed under the direction of the Customer Service Manager.
Examples of Work
- Receives payments and deposits for utility and other city receivables.
- Processes payments using proper accounting principles.
- Maintains a cash drawer and properly accounts for money daily.
- Ensures cash payments are properly recorded and sent to the bank.
- Assists customers in person and by telephone.
- Processes applications, fees and other paperwork concerning utility services.
- Receives complaints and resolves customer billing problems.
- Operates computer terminals to perform various tasks.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Ability to understand and apply basic math.
- Ability to take payments and accurately return change.
- Ability to deal tactfully, effectively, and courteously with customers.
- Effective communication skills.
Necessary Training & Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Two years of basic computer experience
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org.