President / CEO
Notice of Job Opening
Date: September 5, 2019
Department: Visit LaGrange
Exp. Date: Until Filled
Pay Range: Depending On Qualifications
Visit LaGrange Inc. is seeking a President/CEO to develop, coordinate, direct and implement a comprehensive strategy for marketing LaGrange as a tourism destination. The President/CEO will lead the development and execution of the Visit LaGrange tourism marketing effort and will report to the Visit LaGrange, Inc. Board. The President/CEO will work within the established budget and champion a community wide effort to make LaGrange a premier travel destination. The successful candidate will provide visionary leadership and work proactively to grow tourism across the community.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and oversee the development of a comprehensive marketing strategy which defines LaGrange’s identity and messaging as a destination. Insure that the design of all collateral material as well as digital, broadcast, and display media are engaging and follow brand standards.
- Develop, implement and manage the short and long term strategic goals of Visit LaGrange, Inc. with a goal of increasing both day and overnight stays. Prioritize plan of work to maximize effectiveness.
- Work actively to promote LaGrange to travel and news media in an effort to increase third party promotions of area events and attractions so that awareness of LaGrange as a desirable destination is significantly increased.
- Insure that Visit LaGrange, Inc. has a robust social media presence that builds awareness of all LaGrange has to offer.
- Work to promote LaGrange as a film, group tour, event, and sporting destination. Also promote LaGrange as a location for conferences and corporate meetings.
- Overall management of the day to day operation of Visit LaGrange, Inc.
- Manage relationships with local business, vendors and outside service providers including working with community partners to create and develop tourism opportunities.
- Develop annual budget and revenue management plan and provide financial oversight.
- Serve as the official representative for Visit LaGrange, Inc. and provide communication between the board, community partners and industry organizations.
- Build strong relationships with State Tourism Office of Economic Development, Presidential Pathways Travel Association and other tourism partners.
- Plans and prepares board meetings and provides financial, marketing and sales reports to the Board. Analyzes occupancy reports and identifies trends to guide promotional efforts.
- Reports to the Visit LaGrange, Inc. Board of Directors and manages all input, feedback and direction.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of quarterly reports to the LaGrange City Council.
- Stay current on trends in tourism and destination marketing organizations and adjust strategies as needed to insure success.
- Monitor Contract with Great Wolf Lodge for approved expenses and maintain required reporting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must take initiative, exercise good judgement.
- Creativity and an eye for good design and photography.
- Good business acumen and ability to negotiate contracts.
- Strong organizational, time management and priority placement skills.
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative and also be detail oriented.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and always maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong people and interpersonal skills including an ability to build group consensus.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment and have the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Familiarity with tourism-related software such as hotel/resort CRS/ booking is preferred.
- Proficiency with current forms of social media and WordPress website software.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and occasionally 40 lbs. Physical activity is required.
- Valid driver’s license and ownership of vehicle with insurance.
- Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer medical screen; and verification of education, certifications and licenses required prior to employment.
Work Hours & Supervision
This position will work 40 hours per week with some flexibility. Generally work hours will be 9:00-5:00, Monday through Friday, however there will be periodic evening and weekend work. There is an expectation that this person will be engaged and visible in the community and regularly participate in partner events which frequently occur after regular business hours. The successful candidate will report to the Visit LaGrange. Inc. Board of Directors.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a tourism related field with a management background. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in hospitality, marketing, public relations, communications, tourism or closely related field. The ideal candidate should have experience working with a Destination Marketing Organization and have experience with Georgia hotel-motel tax regulations. The successful candidate will be expected to live in LaGrange or Troup County.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
General Online Application
Resumes should be submitted to:
City of LaGrange
ATTN: Visit LaGrange, Inc.
200 Ridley Avenue
LaGrange, GA 30240
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org.