Notice of Job Opening
Date: August 25, 2021
Exp. Date: Until Filled
To perform professional accounting work in the recording and reporting of financials. This position is responsible
for month end and yearend close duties, invoice processing, miscellaneous billings, accounts receivable, bank deposits,
bank statement reconciliations, processing 1099’s and more. This position works under the supervision of the Accounting Manager.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger and subsidiary accounts
- Completes monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Prepares work papers and supporting documentation for the City’s external auditors.
- Posts and balances customer Utility payments and returns.
- Support the Accounts payable clerk.
- Performs related work and projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Have knowledge of the modern principles and practices of accounting with emphasis on generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word & Outlook
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with associates, City Officials and the public.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to communication clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting (or concentration) from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- 3 to 5 years Office or Accounting Experience
- Possession of Certificate of Public Accounting
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, email@example.com