Notice of Job Opening
Date: June 19, 2019
Department: Residential Sanitation
Exp. Date: Until Filled
Performs manual labor collection of garbage, trash and containerized refuse from the right of way on the city streets. Employee is responsible for the safe operation of hydraulic flippers used to dump city owned curbside cans. Employee also works on trash detail loading limbs and leaves, and bulky trash ideas. Tasks are usually arduous and of a routine and repetitious nature.
Work is performed under the supervision of a crew leader on established procedures. Care must be exercised in the operation of hydraulic equipment in the entering of private property, and the handling of limited public contacts. Supervision over others is not exercised.
Examples of Work
The following examples of duties and associated tasks are typically performed by a person in this position. No attempt is made to be exhaustive in this listing.
- Picks up scattered refuse around garbage containers.
- Assures daily that vehicle is serviced and in operational condition.
- Assists driver in unloading garbage at landfill.
- Directs driver in placing packer truck in correct position for unloading into trench at land fill.
- Operates packer truck in the absence of regular driver.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of geography and streets of the City.
- Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations governing the collection of refuse, and the operation of the equipment.
- Skill in the safe operation and care of assigned equipment
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to lift frequently objects weighting 70 to 100 pounds
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor, often under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to deal with the public on a limited basis
- Ability to work in exposure to offensive odors
- Ability to write legibly
- Assists in trash pick-up or any other collection job when necessary
- Picks up limbs, leaves or debris placed at curbside
- Drives pull trucks when necessary
- Performs related duties when required
Desirable Training & Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in the operation of hydraulic equipment, preferably including hydraulic hoist
- Possess a valid class B CDL
Necessary Special Requirements
- Education sufficient to meet requirements of the job.
- Some experience in the operation of large hydraulic equipped trucks.
- Possess a valid class C driver's license.
- Be in good physical condition.
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org