Garage Welder – Fabricator
Notice of Job Opening
Date: May 12, 2023
Pay: Min $19.72 - Max $29.22
Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
This person performs skilled welding and fabricating at the journeyman level in the repair and maintenance of City owned equipment
and property. Duties include all types of welding and fabrication at the Garage, as well as, outside locations. In addition,
employee may assist in the job duties of the mechanic apprentice. Works under the general supervision of the
Garage supervisor and the direct supervision of the Garage Manager, using independent judgement as to the method
of repair after receiving repair order. Work is reviewed through performance observation and the results achieved.
Essential Job Functions
- Independently perform a variety of welding and fabrication tasks on the different projects assigned without direct supervision.
- Regularly lift heavy objects as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Operate electric arc, acetylene welder, MIG welder, plasma cutter, and cutting torches.
- Repair worn or damaged dumpsters and other garbage collection equipment.
- Paint over welded areas and bare metals installed on projects.
- Weld on trailers, bush hogs, lawnmowers, and other City vehicles.
- Complete special projects and perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Perform work during inclement weather, including but not limited to exposure to extreme heat, cold, and wet.
- Perform related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferably supplemented by a completion of vocational courses in the welding trade.
- Two years’ experience in welding or related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid Class B driver’s license with an air brake endorsement, or obtain Class B driver’s license within 1 year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the methods used in welding, cutting, brazing, and heating metals.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to read blue prints and diagrams and build project from plans.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in the use and care of all standard machinery and tools used in the welding and fabrication industry.
- Ability to regularly lift heavy objects – 25-50 pounds in weight.
- Ability to adapt and work in inclement weather conditions, including full sun/heat, cold, and rain.
- Ability to perform the physical essential functions of the job to include grasping, pulling, pushing, reaching, stooping and bending.
- Regularly possesses manual dexterity to put parts together quickly and accurately using repetitive motion of the wrist, hands, and fingers.
The employee will be exposed to the following conditions in the work environment: dirt,
dust, grease and exhaust. Employee will stoop, stand, bend, push, pull, reach, and grasp
during their shifts each day. Employee will also regularly lift heavy objects
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, email@example.com