Directional Drill Operator
Notice of Job Opening
Date: May 13, 2021
Department: Utility Service Center/ Boring Crew
Exp Date: Until Filled
Annual Salary: Depending upon Qualifications
Directional Drill Operators are responsible for running a variety of drilling related equipment; Directional Drill, Mud Vacuum machine, Excavator, Dump truck, Forklift,
Demo saw and other hand tools. The individual in this position is required to work at all times with safety in mind. Must be able to read, understand, and follow company policies.
Examples of Work
- Operate drills ranging from Ditch Witch JT 9 to Ditch Witch JT 20 and work with a locator in the drill process.
- Operate Ditch Witch FX50 Mud Vac machine.
- Possess general knowledge of construction practices and be familiar with equipment.
- Ensure that Company assets are properly and continuously maintained in good repair and secured in a safe manner..
- Perform light mechanical repairs periodically.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of utility depths and placement
- Ability to properly mix drilling fluid
- Ability to work in all weather conditionsl; includes extreme temperatures
- Ability to work after normal business hours in moment's notice
- Ability to lift up to 80lbs repetitively
- Ability to deal tactfully, effectively, and courteously with customers
- Effective communication skills
Necessary Training and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid Class A CDL and clean driving record
- Experience drilling in both standard and high risk areas, such as areas with live utilities
- Two years of directional drill operating experience
- Two years of basic computer experience- work order entry
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, email@example.com