Amphitheater General Manager
Notice of Job Opening
Date: May 2, 2022
Department: Sweetland Amphitheater
Exp Date: Until Filled
Pay Range: Depending on Qualifications
Oversee all aspects of an outdoor amphitheater and event venue including sales, sponsorships,
marketing, operations, personnel and financial management, securing and coordinating talent
through promoter, ticketing, pricing, budgeting, facility maintenance and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully the General Manager must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Responsible for the overall management and operation of the amphitheater.
- Works with promoter to secure talent (i.e., concerts, comedians, children’s productions, etc.), coordinate riders, set ticket prices, handle payment for talent and evaluate show quality/performance.
- Coordinate all aspects of ‘day of show’ (riders, sound, lights, green room, hospitality, staffing), handles the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the facility, performs opening and closing procedures, responsible for cash handling and ordering/purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Hire, train and supervise staff (i.e. concessions, ushers, security, box office, stage hands, food and beverage)
- Maintains a high level of customer service standard by promoting positive guest experiences by all involved (talent, technical aspects, staff, cleanliness of facility).
- Plan and implement special and private events (i.e., private venue rentals, movie nights, festivals, food truck events, etc.) and coordinate other special uses of the amphitheater.
- Implement an annual promotions/marketing plan for the season, including social media, radio, newspaper, etc.
- Research and offer proposed rental pricing for local acts and promoters/talent agents and secure and oversee these rentals/bookings.
- Secure sponsorships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with corporations, non-profit organizations, tourism groups, government entities, educational institutions, event promoters, local boards, etc. to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
- Oversees the ticketing process and procedures.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to grow business and provides proposals and pricing input.
- Manage all aspects of financial and legal administration such as facility budget, event budgets, venue deposits, cash handling procedures, contracts, insurance certificates, etc.
- Negotiate financial and contractual terms and work closely with legal department in the preparation, administration and execution of contracts.
- Create an annual budget to work towards a break-even or profitable facility by forecasting, scheduling and adjusting labor as necessary. Establish processes and benchmarks to measure revenue performance and profitability of each event.
- Implement the Amphitheater’s strategic plan.
- Maintains required departmental records of event participation statistics.
- Works to promote the amphitheater as an economic driver for the community as well as an amenity for all citizens of the City of LaGrange and Troup County.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, managers or general public.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university. Experience
overseeing an outdoor or indoor entertainment venue, special events venue OR any
equivalent combination of education, experience and training. Demonstrated knowledge of
financial and personnel management. Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer
service for the event/entertainment industry.
Two plus years of experience overseeing an outdoor or indoor entertainment venue or special
events venue. Three plus years of experience in a management role overseeing business/financial
management to include experience monitoring financial data and recommending solutions to improve financial position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic computer skills including: Word, Excel, Windows applications, and Publisher.
- Monday through Sunday, 40 hours a week, some weeks expected to work over 40 hours
- Evening, weekend and holiday scheduling required.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS
- General work area is indoors and outdoors with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Frequent bending, lifting 25-35 pounds, sitting, standing and extensive walking through the venue including inclines and stairs.
- Exposure to noise distractions from employees, equipment operation, crowds and music in work areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of LaGrange is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resource Department: +1 706 883 2037, email@example.com