Animal Service Officer
Notice of Job Opening
Date: May 14, 2018
Department: Animal Services
Exp Date: Until Filled
Pay Range: Depending on qualifications
- Responds to 911 calls and citizen complaints in reference to violations of the city ordinances relating to maintaining and caring for animals.
- Investigates complaints; apprehends animals if found in violation.
- Oversees and ensures the daily feeding and care of animals in shelter.
- Oversees and ensures the daily cleaning and maintenance of the shelter to include the animal pens and office area.
- Assists in euthanasia and proper disposal of animals.
- Picks-up and properly disposes of deceased animals in streets.
- Cleans trucks and takes to Garage for needed repairs.
- Completes the required paperwork and computer entries for animal adoptions, redemptions and surrenders.
- Opens and secures the shelter at the beginning and end of each day.
- Maintains current and accurate records on all animals received and disposed of.
- Oversees and ensures the grass and landscaping is maintained and properly trimmed.
- Endorses laws and ordinances of the City.
- Investigates animal bite cases, finds dog owners and orders quarantine if applicable.
- Impounds dogs that are not penned or under its owner’s control if owner can not be located.
- Issues warnings and citations.
- Takes Court action against violators; appears in Court as witness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner under adverse conditions.
- High School Education or GED equivalent
- Have a good driving record.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be 18 years of age
Click for Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org