Notice of Job Opening
Date: March 17, 2020
Exp. Date: Until Filled
Performs routine skilled work and assist journeymen mechanics in the repair and maintenance of automotive and heavy construction equipment in the shop and at the job site. Performs a wide range of duties including minor mechanical repairs, building and grounds upkeep. Instructions are given on new tasks but routine tasks, once learned, are carried out with considerable independence. Most tasks require a high degree of accuracy. Employee works the general supervision of Garage Superintendent and work is reviewed primarily by observation and evaluation of results obtained. No supervision of others is exercised.
Examples of Work
The following examples of duties and associated tasks are typically perfo1med by a person in this position. No attempt is made to be exhaustive in this listing.
- Assists in performing physically difficult and strenuous repair and maintenance operations.
- Keeps journeyman mechanics supplied with materials, tools, and supplies; keeps tools in proper working condition and in place.
- Performs routine servicing tasks.
- Washes, refuels, lubricates and changes oil and filters in automobiles and trucks.
- Checks under hood and gases up vehicles daily.
- Steam cleans engines and equipment's.
- Answers emergency calls for tire change.
- Drives trucks as required.
- Makes job tickets on work performed.
Performs minor repairs
- Keeps tire rack supplied.
- Repairs, changes, deliveries and discards tires.
- Keeps spare tires ready for use and new tires in rack.
- Maybe required to pick up and deliver vehicles.
- May make road service calls.
- Performs general lawn care.
- Performs general housekeeping.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the less complex mechanical parts of automotive and heavy construction equipment.
- Knowledge of greasing and lubricating requirements of automobiles, trucks and heavy construction equipment.
- Knowledge of the general layout of the city streets.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Some knowledge of the standard practices, materials , tools and methods of the automotive mechanic trade.
- Skill in servicing and making less complex repairs on automotive and heavy equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to make independent decisions on their own.
- Ability to perform semi-skilled mechanical duties.
- Ability to detect obvious defects in the operation of automotive equipment.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
Desirable Training & Experience
- High school diploma or its G.E.D. equivalent
- Two years automotive servicing experience.
Necessary Special Requirements
- High school diploma or its G.E.D. equivalent.
- One year's automotive servicing experience.
- Possess a valid State of Georgia Class I driver' s license with the ability to obtain a Class 4.
- Be in good physical condition with the ability to lift heavy objects over a long period of time.
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, email@example.com