Automotive Mechanic I
Notice of Job Opening
Date: January 28, 2020
Pay Range: Depending on Qualifications
Examples of Work
- Services all equipment in Garage and at job site
- Does general repair on automotive equipment and minor repairs on heavy equipment & small engines.
- Performs welding and fabrication as required.
- Operates outside fueling truck for heavy equipment and stationary engines.
- Performs related work as required.
- Completes work orders on work performed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret maintenance manuals.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard tools, test equipment, methods and practices used in the repair and maintenance of automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation of internal combustion engines, ignitions and other systems and components of automotive and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Demonstrated ability of various welding skills.
- Ability to operate the variety of automotive and heavy equipment used by the city.
- Ability to lift heavy objects – up to 75 lbs. routinely
- Ability to perform physical essential functions of the job.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by courses in repair and maintenance of automotive equipment with a minimum of two years shop experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Possess a valid State of Georgia CLASS B Driver’s license with both a hazardous material endorsement and air brake endorsement.
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, email@example.com